The Human Performance Laboratory has a series of core competencies for students in the laboratory. Your advisor will inform you of these requirements. In addition, there are several standard modules that all students must perform:
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications – please arrive certified. You may renew through the HPL at the end of each year.
- The CITI “Basic Courses in the Protection of Human Research Subjects: Biomedical Focus” – every 3 years
- Our in-house “HPL-Specific Training” course – annual
- Environmental Health & Safety
- The “General Biological Safety” course (one time only).
- The “Biological Waste” course
- Students also must receive a Hepatitis B vaccination (available through EHS on request)